Full-time 35 hrs/week
Hybrid remote / office working
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced account manager with a drive to create and maintain long-term relationships with existing and new clients. We have a long track record of delivering for our clients, many who have been with us for more than 20 years, and we are looking for someone with the same passion and commitment for excellence.
Our business is at a key stage of growth and that means we want to hire a dedicated client account manager to take on responsibilities that have previously been shared between the senior management team. We are looking for a motivated individual who will really make the role their own and help our business continue to grow.
Based in Leith, we currently employ a small team providing government and businesses with online software solutions with a particular focus on the agricultural, environmental and food sectors. You may not have heard of us, but if you’ve bought fresh meat, fruit or vegetables from a supermarket in the UK, their provenance will likely have been checked or tracked at some point using our systems.
About the role
The role is a critical bridge between the engineering team, support team, and our clients and as such you should have excellent communication skills and ability to manage the needs of different stakeholders.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients regarding progress with their current development projects and delivery milestones
- Assist with delivery of projects to clients: demo new services, help prepare guidance, provide online training sessions
- Proactively engage with clients regarding existing services to ensure they continue to deliver
- Report key metrics to clients as part of performance reviews, liaise with the engineering and support team on feedback from clients
- Work with clients to understand and scope new requirements
- Experienced in account management - preferably within a software/technical industry although other industries will be considered
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Educated to Bachelors degree level
We strive to offer a working environment that is rarely found in bigger businesses:
- We’re a friendly close-knit team with an absence of corporate jargon and office politics.
- We’re agile and innovative where larger organisations struggle to adapt.
- We believe that every team member should have input in to decisions that count.
- We think that a job should fit around life, with flexible start and end times and the ability to work remotely when needed.
As most of our employees stay with us for years, we think this approach works.
We'll offer you the opportunity to work with a whole spectrum of clients, from small charities right up to government departments within a relaxed and innovative environment. We also offer a clear career development pathway for all our employees with regular reviews and opportunities for promotion to more senior roles.